Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Our Friend Jane

10 Reasons Why We (THINK we) Want to Be Jane's Friend:
I asked 10 girls why they would want to be Jane Austen's friend. All of these people are real.
  1. "She is obsessed with guys. It would be fun to hang out with them all the time," Taylor R.
  2. "She is a smart, intelligent lady. She would give me some good advice. She could be my mom," Tierra J.
  3. "Jane Austen intimidates me, so I don't know if I want to be her friend..." Lexus R.
  4. "I would be her friend because it would be cool to pick her brain on current social issues," Jodie W.
  5. "She wrote sweet love stories, I would love hearing about her love stories. I wonder if they are real...." Bernadette D.
  6. "She has a vivid imagination, and she would seem interesting to talk to," Jaclyn I.
  7. "She is famous, so I definitely want to be her friend," Lauren P.
  8. "She is kind of inspirational for girls for all generations," Jasmine G.
  9. "We could write magical love stories together," Jan S.
  10. "I'm all for the feminist! I would want Jane Austen to be at my peace rally," Chelsea T.

Who is Jane Austen? Today we think of her as a heroic character of influence, but she was a considered an ordinary person at some point. People today get Jane the person confused with Jane the hero, and Becoming Jane helps support this theory. This is why the movie title is on a first name basis. 

1 comment:

  1. It would be really scary to have Jane Austen as your mom! jousting--what do YOU think about these reasons to be Jane's friend?

    ReplyDelete